The Virginia Moose website is here to help our fraternity get important information out to our members, our lodges, and the general public. For this reason, we want you to send us your news from around the state. Did you hold a benefit for children or seniors, have a Moose Idol competition, a Tommy Moose donation or something more fun? We want to know about it. We want to put it on our website before and after the event. If you get us the information before the event, it might drive more participation. And, after the fact, it tells others what a great job your lodge, chapter, or legion committee is doing.
Please consider your audience when writing your articles for submission. For articles that members want on the front page, please write for someone who is not a member! That way someone who is not a member will understand what your lodge is doing. Always keep in mind the who, what, where, when, and why of writing. This is always important when sending in lodge events.
We always want to post pictures with articles. Please send in digital prints in the highest quality you can! Because we are a lean and volunteer operation, articles that are not flushed out will be edited and take more time to post. And, if you send in just a picture of your event with no other information, it might not make it to the website or even our Facebook page.
So in your submission email, please include the following information:
- Your name and lodge/chapter/legion position
- Your Lodge/Chapter/Moose Legion name and number
- The name of the project or news event
- The date including year of the news event
- Where was the event held
- What did you achieve
- Send your best three photos (with identifications of who is in the picture - more is OK, but not more than 10!)
- Send in the article in any format (Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Text, in your email text is Ok too)